“No meeting is the same – there are always new projects and campaigns which NCB are working on”
Young NCB is a group of young people who speak out about the things that are important to them.
Young NCB membership is open to all children and young people up to the age of 18 who live in England or Northern Ireland (or up to 24 to join our Alumni group). Being a member of Young NCB provides opportunities to get involved and take action on issues that are important to you such as campaigning for personal finance education, speaking out about transport services, taking part in events and lobbying Government (as well as loads more!).
- Help change things that matter to you and your friends
- Develop new skills - public speaking, writing, campaigning, working with the media and more
- Make new friends!
What can you do?
- Take part in events and talkshops on important issues, such as bullying, children’s rights, the health service and much more!
- Get involved in speaking to the media, recruiting NCB staff and writing articles and blogs
- Help to plan Young NCB’s work by becoming an Advisory Group member
- Travel to exciting places and meet new people
- Get involved in NCB projects such as consultations and events around health or education
What will you get?
- The opportunity to speak out on issues that are important to you and your friends
- Monthly email bulletins so you can keep up to date with what everyone is up to and all the latest events and opportunities
- Access to our private social networking groups
- The opportunity to join our various campaign groups
- The opportunity to feed into NCB's strategic decisions and future planning
- The opportunity to develop essential skills such as leadership, team-working, campaigning, project management, presentation and communication skills!
Young NCB is open to all children and young people. It’s absolutely free to join and get involved and you don’t need to have done anything like this before - it’s a great place to start! It’s completely up to you how much or how little you would like to do depending on your other commitments and how much time you may have.
YNCB is supported by the National Children's Bureau and its work is guided by an Advisory Group of young people.
“Being a Young NCB member has given me more confidence to get involved in issues I am passionate about”
“I’ve enjoyed meeting new people, and feeling safe and secure to say what you feel. I would tell any other young person interested in anything to do with children and young people to join”